Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mostly, I'm Mom

{This is the third prompt in the series of BlogHer's March NaBloPoMo's Challenge--When or where do you feel most like yourself?}


I'm always myself. I mean, truly, who else can I be? I understand the question though…when do I feel most like what I consider to be the definition my genuine self? 

When I am a mother...
Whether I am soothing a skinned knee, a bad day or making a memory with my boys, I feel the times with my children most keenly. Perhaps having so many wonderful recollections of my own childhood makes me think of each moment with my kids as an opportunity. I find myself recounting funny stories about joyful times with my parents and grandparents to my sons almost every day. As we stumble through our daily life, I love the idea that our adventures together will become the fabric of their own memories that will bind us together as they venture out into the world.


The boys and I on a recent adventure in Aruba.







No comments:

Post a Comment